Disclaimer: Dyson gave me a Digital Slim DC59 Animal to use and to keep. I use it everyday and seriously love it.
You know when you are looking for advice on what vacuum cleaner to buy and everyone, like EVERYONE says “get a Dyson!” and so you go and check them out and your wallet screams a little bit and you think to yourself…. really? Gosh… I think I’ll just buy this other one because it’s cheaper.
Less than a year later and you hate the guts of your cheaper vacuum cleaner and its incompetence and you want it dead so again you seek advice on what vacuum cleaner to buy from trusted friends, family and Facebook, and again they ALL say “get a Dyson!”. You should really listen. Really.
There is no denying that Dyson is not the cheapest vacuum cleaner out there so I’m not going to scoot around that. But they are not the cheapest, because, well, they’re not cheaply made pieces of crap. There’s a whole lot of technology and testing behind these cyclonic babies and they stand the test of time and do the job properly.
There is also no denying that Dyson are the best vacuum cleaners and you will struggle to find anything else that comes even a little bit close.
I have been lucky enough to be given my very own Dyson Digital Slim DC59 Animal. I love it. Like totally, actually, very deeply love it.
Here are some jaw-dropping facts about dust and yuckies thanks to Dyson’s research team.
In my house, I vacuum every day. Sometimes more than once. The children are messy people with their crumbs and glitter and their smuggling the school sandpit home bit by bit in their shoes, clothes and hair. There was also the added mess created by dog hair. So. Much. Hair. The living room rug is always in need of a clean and my Miele vacuum cleaner with it’s bag and it’s crapness was just not doing the job right.
On it’s first day in my house, the Dyson Digital Slim DC59 Animal sucked up more than I thought possible. It was horrifying to see how much crap was in that rug.
Here are some things I love about my Dyson Digital Slim DC59 Animal:
The most important attribute for a vacuum cleaner is that it sucks good. This baby sucks really good and even has a couple of settings to change the sucking intensity, so it has that covered. It will also never, ever loose suction. It is the perfect little stick vacuum that doesn’t know it’s a stick vacuum and sucks like the big boys.
If you vacuum something up which clogs the pathway, the Dyson will flash its lights at you and then stop so you can deal with the clog and then continue. It wont pretend it can still work like other vacuums try to do, making all that sucking noise and not actually picking anything up. (I’m looking at you, every other vacuum cleaner in the world). The Dyson is honest and tells you when it needs you to remove the lego ninja turtle from it’s throat.
It’s really, really light. Even for a stick vacuum, it’s so light. My kids love using it, and I really like them doing the cleaning.
It’s really easy to empty. Just push down this button here and the bottom pops open. Then, if needed, you can slide the whole thing off to get at any bits around the top.
You can also remove the turny brush cylinder thingo from the large head, so it is easier to clean. The filter can be rinsed under the tap and it has pictures of taps on it so you remember that handy piece of info.
I also love that it can be taken out to the car and used there too! I can remove the long stick and attach any head straight to the handle thing and I’ve got myself the best little car vacuum ever. I’m also going to take this camping with us next time we go.
My house is a pretty small 3 bedroom home, and this vacuum is perfect for it. I still vacuum the living room every day and when I do my full house clean, the Dyson can manage.
If you have a very large house and like to vacuum all at once and it will take more than half an hour, you might want to look at getting a bigger Dyson. Like the upright DC65 Animal.
It all clicks together really easily and clicks apart really easily.
It is also beautiful. I mean look at it! I love the colour and it’s just so sexy.
- Dyson has 1,536 engineers and scientists working on a pipeline of technology that stretches out over twenty-five years.
- Dyson invests £1.5 million a week on research and development and has doubled the number of engineers employed at its UK research and development laboratories in the past two years.
- Dyson has expertise in fluid, mechanical, robotic, electrical, thermal, chemical, acoustic, motor, thermo dynamics, testing and software engineering, and is thought to be the only vacuum cleaner manufacturer with an in-house microbiology team.
Dyson Digital Slim™ DC59:
- Testing: Dyson prototypes are subjected to 636 different validation tests. On/off buttons are punched 20,000 times. Prototypes are drop tested 10,000 times. Cleaner heads are slammed into iron table legs.
- Patents:There are 350 patents and patent applications worldwide relating to the technology used in Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners, including patents relating to Dyson digital motors.
- Run-time: This machine will run for 20 minutes, 17 minutes with the motorised tool, and for 6 minutes on boost mode.
- Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
- Weight: 2kg.
- Guarantee: The machine comes with a 2 year parts and labour guarantee.
- Energy Star Rating: The machine’s battery charger has qualified for the Energy Star rating, due to its energy efficiency.
There is still that question about price though and I can’t give away a whole vacuum cleaner today, I would really, really love to but what I CAN do is give you your very own super discount!
- If you want to buy the Dyson Digital Slim DC59 Animal, then you can win a 30% discount right here. That’s a fair chunk of change off the cost of your brand new Dyson.
- In the comments below, tell me the most frustrating thing about your current vacuum cleaner.
- Entries close at Midnight AEST on Sunday 14th September and I will chose a winner and advise them by email on Monday 15th September.
- The winner will be emailed a special code that they can use at the checkout on the Dyson website to get their very own 30% discount.