We’ve been in Chennai, India for four months now and we only have one more to go thanks to a shortened assignment or some reason – don’t care why, just happy to be leaving early.
I miss a lot of things about home. Here is my list:
- My oven – and everything I cook in it
- The ability to jump in the car and go wherever I want
- The ability to say something once and be understood
- The variety and quality of fruits and vegetables in the supermarket
- Wearing a woollen skirt, coat, scarf and black boots
- People leaving my kids alone and not pinching their cheeks
- Doing my own vacuuming. (I never thought I’d miss that)
- My friends
- Playgrounds with shade sails or trees.
- Brushing my teeth with tap water
- Washing my dishes in water that doesn’t smell horrid.
- Power cuts being unusual
- Footpaths without piss or rubbish on them
I’m also flogging a final flog with Glow